Pains of Life
1.) Hurt, Strength, Perserverance, Anger, Grrr!
2.) The detail of this structure is very good and detailed. I think the structure does a great job showing the emotion involved with the struggles in life. In order to conquer any obstacle/pain in life you need to have strength and perserverance, which is shown greatly in this structure.
3.) The one thing i did not like about this structure is the lack of color. I think that the lack of color gives us the feeling of depression when really, looking at this structure, we should be overwhelmed with inspiration. Another thing I did not like about this structure is that the man almost looks very angry at God as if all the struggles and pains in life were because of God.
4.) I don't think I would purchase this sculpture because it is depressing.
5.) Pain, anger, frusturation
B.) Seems angry at God and everyone else in his life
C.) I don't think the sculpture fits the downtown theme.
6.) Very strong frontal presence
B.) Pretty detailed on all sides
C.) Only appealing from the sides and the front
D.) Metal rods
7.) Angular
B.) Simplified but detailed in muscle structure
C.) Texture
D.) Smooth
E.) Very concrete
Soaring Eagle
1.) Awesome, Native American, Symbolic, Sharp, Freedom
2.) The artist intented the sculpture to be cool, which is exactly what he got. I also think that the eagle portrays a part in native american culture.
3.) I don't really see anything that I dislike about this sculpture.
4.) I would definatly purchase this sculpture because it is fierce and just plain awesome!
5.) The postition of the eagle looks as if it has flown down from the tree and is going to fly into the store. The eagle is placed on an extra pedestal so it has the effects of flying over viewers.
6.) It is very interesting from all directions and angles. However, depending on the angle you look at it, it could look as if it was just a bunch of shapes put together until you look closer and see the eagle's face. The nature lighting doesn't have an effect on the scultpure because it is located by a tree where it is shaded most of the time.
Man in Motion
1.) Buda, inderesting, awkward, sweet, mysterious
2.) It has a great 3D effect and the strucure really conveys the title well. I love how the man actually looks like its moving, and I really love the fullness of the structure.
3.) I couldn't really find anything that I didnt like about this structure.
4.) I would definatly purchase this sculpture. It is very interesting and I love how it looks concrete from one angle and abstract from another.
5.) The sculpture keeps the viewer's eye "moving forward" with the motion.
6.) Yes. The structure is concrete from the front but abstract from the sides and the back.
7.) Very rounded, simplified, smooth, and both concrete and abstract
I liked your interpretation of the Man in Motion- how the sculpture keeps the view's eye "moving forward" with the motion. I have not been downtown to see these sculptures this one might be interesting to check out. The color of the sculpture also looks very interesting, a bronze-like color.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your descriptions. Especially your thoughts on the of "Pains of Life." Knowing what I do about you from our growing friendship over the past year, I thought about you, your mom, and your family and the pain you all faced in the past year. I like your view on the sculpture. I agree than man just needs to trust God.
ReplyDeleteThere were some rather insightful and contemplative responses here, Breonna. Nice job! Keen observation skills:)
ReplyDelete