I currently chose to live my life centered around God. To me the most important thing is focusing on God trusting his plans he has for you. Having "margin" in your life is also very important. The word margin in the dictionary is defined as the amount of space available beyond what you are given. For me this is a very critical element to life. We tend to overload ourselves with lists and business which always leads to stress and anxiety. It is important to set aside time to where it is just you and God together. Using your margin wisely could be more than just reading your bible or speaking with God. Sometimes, it is most important to just sit there in silence and let God know that you are listening to him!
In Philippians 4:6 it states "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." When I tend to get busy and become stressed out and anxious, this verse always reminds me that if I fully trust God, I should not be anxious and should not be in worry.
In the future, I plan to use my gifts and talents in a way that will glorify God. First, I need to discover those talents that God has given me so that I can use them to glorify Him. My plan is to get into cancer research after graduating. Cancer runs in the family and I would like to help out in anyway I can to find the cure for cancer. This will be the way I could use my skills to help reach those who are in pain and suffering because of this disease.
I need to apply the Phillipian verse to my life more often. Thanks for sharing it here. And I agree with you about sitting in silence so as to hear and have God reach us (someone once said silence is God's first language; everything else is a just a poor translation...)
ReplyDelete